Would you like to browse our deck tile products and accessories?
- By: Designer Deck
- Tags: Deck Tiles for Patio, Designer Deck Outdoor tiles, Outdoor Deck Tiles, Replace Flooring
- Category: Blog
- 0 comment
Flooring does not last forever no matter how much we aim to maintain it. Foundations of all sorts see various amounts of foot traffic depending on their location and frequency of use. As such, most flooring can start to show signs of wear and tear like scratches and stains over time.
If you are not sure if the flooring in or outside your home needs to be replaced, we invite you to review these common signs.
- There are soft spots. When you walk across the floor, if you notice soft spots, this indicates the flooring and/or subflooring is rotting and needs to be replaced.
- There are cracks in the flooring. Cracks develop when the flooring starts to dry out. These can also develop as tiles weaken with age. Whether you have wood, laminate, vinyl, ceramic, or some other type of flooring; you’ll likely want to replace it.
- The wood or laminate flooring has a whiteness to it. If you fail to use the right cleaning products on wood and laminate flooring, it will develop an unsightly whiteness that cannot be removed. The only way to resolve this issue is by replacing the flooring.
- The flooring is no longer in style or trendy. If your flooring is older and looks dated, you may want to consider replacing it with a new more ‘trendy’product that fits with your current home décor.
- The flooring is uneven or buckling. As flooring ages, it can start to work loose and become uneven or even buckle. If you notice these negative characteristics taking place, it is a good sign you’ll need to replace your flooring.
- There flooring has experienced excessive water damage. The thing you need to remember with water damage is even though you can clean stains and excess water from on top of the flooring, there can be damage underneath you cannot see from mold and mildew as a result of rotting subflooring.
- The flooring hasn’t been updated since the home was built. If your home is more than five years old, the flooring may start to show signs of normal wear and tear. From missing grout, chips to cracks and even tears. When flooring starts to look unappealing it may be time to consider replacing it.
Other Reasons to Replace Your Existing Flooring
Aside from the common signs discussed above, there are other reasons one may consider when replacing their flooring; There are a variety of products available in today’s market at reasonable pricing, when upgrading to increase the value of a property. For instance, carpeting may be swapped with hardwood or laminate.
Flooring improvements are not only applicable to interior applications. For example, outdoor deck tiles can be used to cover up stained concrete or less appealing treated foundations.
To learn more about outdoor deck tiles for your patio, terrace, deck or other areas of the home, feel free to browse our website or contact Designer Deck at (905) 669-5252 for further assistance.