To Our Valued Customers,
As the Covid-19 virus continues to impact local communities, Designer Deck is constantly monitoring the pandemic and adjusting our business procedures to protect our employees and customers moving forward.
As of today, we remain fully operational; we are prepared to approach each job responsibly and respectfully if your safe haven requires that special touch to make it through this difficult period of time. Please be aware that we are taking the following precautions with each of our services, in accordance with law and safety to protect our staff, clientele and your loved ones from any further spread of this deadly virus.
Free Digital Consultations:
- An experienced rep will be available to guide you through your project and answer all your questions. We are prepared to conduct consultations only through Facebook messenger and Facetime video chats at this time. During your digital meeting, we ask kindly that you reserve a minimum of an hour to show the rep your balcony and provide measurements based on their instruction. With this information we can provide an accurate quote via email. For further inspiration, we encourage you to visit our online gallery for imagery of previously installed product lines.
- The rep will show you samples of the product via video chat. If you should choose to have samples mailed out for further consideration, a shipping/purchase fee will apply and can be paid through credit card processing over the phone or by mailing in a cheque. (Please be aware that this option is available contingent on regular mail service as is stands daily)
- If you should choose to proceed with an order, we require a 1/3 deposit upfront. This can be processed via phone with a credit card.
- If you should choose to proceed with an order, we require a digital signature on the contract. This can be achieved via smartphone or access to a desktop computer. A rep will further guide you through this simple process.
- It will be mandatory that the customer can provide sole elevator service to the installer upon the installation date. If this cannot be arranged, then unfortunately the job will not proceed.
- Before entering your home, you will receive a call from your installer to indicate that they have arrived on the premises. We ask that you respect physical distancing and have your entry door propped open and unobstructed so that the installer can come directly through with equipment and materials to your balcony or terrace. We also ask kindly that you respect the required 2 meter distance between the employee and yourself during the initial delivery and period of installation.
- Our installers will come equipped with a face mask, latex gloves and protective boot covers. Before leaving, any points of contact (eg. Balcony sliding door handles, front door handles, railings) will be sanitized thoroughly by the installer using an approved solution we provide for killing both germ and virus. You can learn more this by visiting our page about disinfection policy page
- Upon completion of the installation, you will have the opportunity to inspect the job. Our employees have been instructed to wait inside and within the allocated distance, without touching or coming in contact with anything in your home.
- Payment of any outstanding balance can be processed digitally once again. Our installers are equipped with software that only they will handle to process a payment. Alternatively we will accept personal cheques and cash but they must be placed in an envelope for the employee.
- The installer reserves the right to leave the premises if they feel at risk of any of these cautionary procedures not being respected.
- Our warehouse will be open to the public for purchase of product directly, however an appointment must be scheduled with head office before pick-up.
- Upon arriving, you must knock on the rear-receiving door which will be locked and call the listed number. Stand within a safe distance of the door and warehouse staff. You will be responsible for loading your purchase after we’ve brought it outside to your vehicle.
- Please be aware, that our warehouse will be periodically and meticulously sanitizing daily, high traffic contact points. Our warehouse staff are also equipped with face protection and latex gloves and required to wear them at all times while working within and around our warehouse.
Your cooperation and business are greatly appreciated during this unprecedented time. On behalf our team, stay safe.