Refresh Your Toronto Home’s Exterior Spaces with Deck Tiles!
Despairing over the state of the outdoor space at your Toronto home? Now is the time to upgrade it so you can take the party outside!
If you want to maximize the use of your patio, deck, balcony, or other outdoor area, we have ideas for you, and they all start with a gorgeous, functional floor! Designer Deck has just what you’re looking for, with the functionality for your unique space and the aesthetics to take it to the next level. As the go-to destination for outdoor flooring options in Toronto and the GTA, Designer Deck has everything you need to get your outdoor upgrade started!
How to Use Deck Tiles for Your Toronto Home
Deck tiles aren’t just for decks! You can use them anywhere you want to upgrade your outdoor spaces, even apartment and condo balconies. If you’re tired of looking at cold concrete, stained wood, or chipped pavers, we have the solution you’ve been looking for.
- Balcony floor tiles: If you live in an apartment or condo, your outdoor flooring is probably concrete. Even when it’s brand new, concrete just doesn’t feel as pleasant underfoot as wood does. Our outdoor deck tiles make it easy to create a mini oasis from the ground up! You’ll want to spend even more time on your balcony, taking in the views of the Toronto skyline and our many parks and ravines. Designer Deck’s installers are accustomed to working with the regulations of Toronto’s condo and apartment buildings and will measure and cut your tiles for a perfect fit. If you need to store your tiles to protect them from the winter weather, we offer removal and storage services.
- Rooftop terraces: These spaces are often underutilized. Why not turn them into gathering spots for friends and family or a serene retreat for yourself? Since these surfaces are often uneven, traditional outdoor flooring may be frustrating to install; deck tiles offer the perfect solution for this problem, and our skilled installers will ensure that they sit flat. Deck tiles also allow for excellent drainage and ventilation, meaning that standing water won’t cause problems for the integrity of your rooftop hangout.
Outdoor deck tiles for patios: In a busy city like Toronto, all the spaces in your home need to do double duty. Turn your outdoor space into an additional living room with stylish, sturdy deck tile flooring! Made of durable, fade-proof materials, outdoor deck tiles such as our wood plastic composite product will last through family reunions, BBQs, and lazy Sundays in the hammock.
Advantages of Deck Tiles for Toronto Homes
When redoing their deck or patio, most people think about patio furniture, an outdoor carpet, or even a sandpit. But flooring can make just as much of an impact: it can make the space look larger and more inviting while enhancing comfort and safety. Flooring tiles have many additional advantages:
- Visual impact
A typical Toronto patio is covered in concrete pavers. Pavers serve as a good base but are lacking in visual appeal. Add a wood surface, and suddenly it’s got a cruise-deck vibe that invites people over for cocktails and chit-chat. Even a small balcony can be made to look luxurious with a wood floor. String some lights on the railing and add a couple of chairs and a table, and you’ll be enjoying it at all times of the day: morning coffee, afternoon Zoom meetings, and evenings watching our beautiful Toronto sunsets!
- Greater Safety
Our high-quality deck tiles have slip-resistant surfaces, making them safer to walk on in wet weather. They are also splinter-free and feel more comfortable underfoot than pressure-treated wood or concrete. Around a pool or pond, nothing looks better or provides better traction.
- Durability and Longevity
Outdoor flooring is exposed to the weather year-round. In Toronto, that can mean heavy rain, heat, freezing, road salt, and UV rays. Many surfaces degrade quickly under these conditions and can lose their appeal in just a few seasons. By selecting our durable deck tiles, you can ensure that your outdoor floors will withstand the test of time with minimal maintenance.
- Simple Installation: You don’t need specialized tools to install deck tiles in your outdoor areas. With some basic skills and a few common power tools, any DIY’er can install them successfully. To help you, we offer online instruction. We are also happy to refer you to one of our approved expert installers.
- Portability and Reusability: Our deck tiles rest on risers above the existing surface of your deck, patio, or balcony and do not attach permanently, making them easy to remove and reuse elsewhere. This makes them ideal for Toronto renters or people who want to remove and store them during the winter.
- Superior Drainage: Spacing between your deck tiles and the existing surface creates excellent drainage. There’s no need to worry about water sitting underneath your decking and causing rot or mould problems down the road. These tiles are designed with the busy Toronto resident in mind!
- Easy Maintenance and Repairs: Damaged tiles can be removed and replaced individually. Want outdoor flooring that needs no maintenance? Designer Deck is happy to do cleaning, maintenance and storage for you! You can install it and enjoy it: nothing else for you to do!
- Versatility: Our balcony flooring comes in a wide variety of materials, sizes, finishes, and hues, allowing you to create the look and feel you want from your outdoor deck tiles. Change up the look by getting a new border or placing the tiles in different configurations. It’s easy to design an outdoor space that matches your vision with Designer Deck’s deck tiles.
Outdoor Patio Flooring Products in Toronto
Designer Deck’s deck tiles come in a range of materials, sizes, and finishes. We offer Pressure-treated wood, recycled plastic, wood-plastic composite, Thermory hardwood, western red cedar, and even grass tile inserts. Enhance your space further with our luminous outdoor ambient lighting!
Explore our full line of products, and visit our gallery to see them installed! We think you’ll be inspired by the fresh looks our tiles help to create. If you want to evaluate two or three tiles side-by-side, try our comparison tool to see how they measure up against each other on factors that are important to you.