Unlike the long boards used for deck planks, which are cut to length and fit to match the required lengths needed to cover the outdoor surface, outdoor deck tiles are prefabricated, square pieces, which easily connect together quickly. In most cases, you do not need to nail, screw, or glue our deck tiles to the surface.
Rather, our products are designed to be assembled and placed directly over the existing patio, terrace, balcony, or decking surface. Deck tiles provide the same structural integrity and support and further enhance it.
Do keep in mind if there is severe damage to the underlying surface, it will need to be replaced/repaired, prior to installing deck tiles to guarantee the proper safety and support. Concrete slabs would be the only exception to this, so long as they only have minor chipping and cracking.
Other benefits of prefabricated deck tiles include:
1. Easily cover up unsightly stains and fading. Deck tiles provide a great solution for covering up current imperfections while offering stylish and elaborate patterns to give you the flexibly to design and create your own unique finished appearance.
TIP: Experiment with two or more different colors when you want an original one-of-a-kind look.
2. Installation only takes a day or less, in most cases. Depending on the actual size of the area where you are installing deck tiles, it is easy to complete the process in just one day and you can start enjoying your new outdoor area right away!
3. You can install them yourself or use a professional. Our deck tiles are easy to install if you have the right tools and general DIY knowledge or you can have one of our professional installers do the work instead.
4. They work well in smaller areas and outdoor spaces. In big cities, like Vancouver and Toronto, where homes have smaller outdoor areas, you can still have an original appearance with our deck tiles.
5. Provides a great solution for apartments and condos. Since our deck tiles do not require nails, screws, or glues for installation, they allow renters and condo owners the flexibly to customize their outdoor areas and are easily removed at the end of your lease or if you decide to sell your condo, but want to take your deck tiles with you.
6. You only have to replace a single tile in the event of accidental damage. Should an accident occur, resulting in damage to the deck tiles, you only have to replace those tiles with damage, not the entire section of decking.
In addition to homeowners, condo owners, and apartment renters enjoying the benefits of using our deck tiles, many condo developers, condo associations, and builders are also discovering the benefits of our outdoor solutions for use in shared common areas and public spaces.
To learn more about our outdoor deck tiles, lighting solutions, or for design inspiration and ideas, please feel free to contact Designer Deck at 1.800.398.9263 today!
REMINDER FOR CONDO OWNERS: It is essential you obtain permission and approval from your condo board prior to the installation of deck tiles in outdoor areas.