Whether you are considering putting your home on the market to sell it or want to give your outdoor areas a fresh new look to improve its curb appeal, there are several different outdoor remodeling tasks and/or fixes you can do to increase the value of your property.
The exterior appearance of your home is often neglected despite being the first thing we see. Adding a little TLC to your landscaping by means of sprucing up the greenery, color and layout can often help improve the appearance of a home and allow it to stand out amongst others. In addition to this achievement, it often tells indicates to potential buyers that the property is well cared for.
- Lawn – Pull weeds and edge along the driveways, sidewalks, and other areas. Fill in bare areas with sod for faster results, compared to using grass seed.
- Trees &Shrubbery – Trim trees/bushes and remove any dead branches or leaves. Plant new ones if required
- Flowers – Plant colorful flowers in flower beds along the front of the home or in key visual areas.
- Mulch – Add a fresh layer of mulch around tress, shrubbery, and flowerbeds.
- Siding – Power wash vinyl or aluminum siding to remove mold, mildew, and stains. For wooden siding, you can also power wash it before adding a fresh coat of paint.
- Driveway, Sidewalks, and Entry Way – Power wash these areas and fix any cracks or broken pieces. You can also get outdoor floor tiles installed over sidewalk and the front entryway of the home to give it an upgraded and stylish appearance.
- Garage Door&Front Door– Consider replacing your garage door and front door installed. Not only will it increase the value of the home, you will recover most of what you invested. Alternatively, a fresh coat of paint in either a trendy or neutral color helps.
Having functional and beautiful outdoor living space brings added value to your home. Outdoor flooring such as decking tiles, can do wonders and give these spaces a fresh new look that is much easier and cost effective to building a structural deck. They are also perfect to use under and around gazebos and other outdoor sitting areas.
Increasing Property Values for Condo Owners and Condo Building Owners
One effective way to increase the value of your condo is to have deck tiles installed on your balcony or patio. Consider getting permission from your condo association ahead of time and before proceeding with any renovations.
Condo building owners can add appeal for prospective buyers by updating outdoor areas, like rooftop terraces, common on many condo buildings in and around GTA. From adding outdoor BBQ grills and installing deck tiling over existing foundations, one has the potential to transform areas such as these into attractive components of a property.
For assistance in selecting the best outdoor deck tiling products for your deck, patio, balcony, rooftop terrace, or other outdoor areas, contact the experts at Designer Deck by calling 1.800.398.9263 today!