Whether you are considering putting your home on the market to sell it or want to give your outdoor areas a fresh new look to improve the curb appeal of the home, there are several different outdoor remodeling tasks and fixes you can do that can increase the value of your home.
The exterior appearance of your home is the first thing you see when coming home after a long day at work. Your neighbors also have to drive by your home and will notice when things start to look like they need some TLC. Sprucing up the outdoors in the springtime and the fall can help improve the appearance of the home make it one of the most stunning ones in your neighborhood.
- Lawn – Pull weeds and edge along the driveways, sidewalks, and other areas. Fill in bare areas with sod for faster results, compared to using grass seed.
- Trees & Shrubbery – Trim trees and bushes and remove any dead branches or leaves.
- Flowers – Plant colorful flowers in flower beds along the front of the home.
- Mulch – Add a fresh layer of mulch around trees, shrubbery, and flower beds.
- Siding – Power wash vinyl or aluminum siding to remove mold, mildew, and stains. For wooden siding, you can also power wash it before added a fresh coat of paint.
- Driveway, Sidewalks, and Entry Way – Power wash these areas and fix any cracks or broken pieces. You can also get outdoor floor tiles installed over the sidewalk and the front entryway of the home to give it an upgraded and stylish appearance.
- Garage Door & Front Door – If you are selling your home, get a new garage door and front door installed. Not only will it increase the value of the home, you will recover most of what you invested. Another option is to power wash the doors and paints them a new trendy color.
Having functional and beautiful outdoor living spaces does add value to your home. Outdoor deck tiles can do wonders and give these spaces a fresh new look that is much easier than building a brand new deck or patio. Plus, they are perfect to use under and around gazebos and other outdoor sitting areas.
Increasing Property Values for Condo Owners and Condo Building Owners
One effective way to increase the value of your condo is to get deck tiles installed on your balcony or patio. Just remember to get permission from your condo association ahead of time.
Condo building owners can add appeal for prospective buyers by updating outdoor areas, like rooftop terraces, common on many condo building in the GTA. From adding outdoor BBQ grills and installing hardwood deck tiling over existing surfaces, you can make this area stunning and attractive to current and future residents.
For assistance in selecting the best outdoor deck tiling products for your deck, patio, balcony, the rooftop terrace, or other outdoor areas, contact the experts at Designer Deck by calling 1.800.398.9263 today!